The HiveIQ Hive Base is moulded with high density EPS for high strength and reduced weight and to absorb road shock during hive transport. The hive base is designed to accommodate a range of HiveIQ innovations including the pollen collector, mouse guard and more.
Components included with the Hive Base:
- 1 x HiveIQ Polystyrene Base
- 1 x Ventilated Hive Floor - Perforated powder-coated aluminium ventilated floor for optimal hive ventilation, improved hive hygiene and pest protection
- 1 x Three Stage Hive Entrance - Three-stage hive entrance enables the entrance to be opened and closed in one-third increments depending on colony strength and conditions.
- 2 x Hive Entrance Lock - Locks the entrance in the open or closed position
- 1 x Blanking Plate - Covers the Pollen Collector cut out. A Pollen Collector assembly can be purchased separately and installed in place of the blanking plate.
- 2 x NFC Tags - Use the HiveIQ Hive Diary App to easily scan the tag and bring up all information stored about that hive.
- 2 x Varroa Tracks - for sliding in a Varroa board (Note the board does not come with the Base kit
- Screws - All screws required to attach the Ventilated Hive Floor, Blanking Plate, Hive Entrance, Varroa Tracks and NFC tags
The Hive Base dimensions are 41cm Wide x 59cm Long x 9cm High